|Quamby's tantalising entrance is an avenue lined with ancient poplars, hawthorns and elms, immediately setting the tone here: you’ve got hectares of gorgeous grounds to explore, which change colours dramatically with the seasons. History fans will love the elegant, colonial Anglo-Indian-style homestead too, built in the 1830s and inspired by British army barracks from the Indian Raj. The original service bells line the wall to the former maid's area (now the kitchen), which add a dash of olde worlde charm.
Quamby Estate Accommodation
At Quamby Estate, all guest rooms have been impeccably restored in keeping with the home’s original features, without compromising modern-day luxuries. Each room is unique in fittings and furnishings with an eclectic collection of original art and restored furniture mixing the old and the new, creating each room’s individual personality.
You can choose from smaller standard rooms to the superior style rooms which have a shower only or the larger Deluxe style rooms if you prefer more space and plan an extended stay.
Standard Rooms (2) - Queen or Double - 2 Adults
Ensuite bathroom with shower, television and DVD player, iron and ironing board, bathrobes and hairdryer.
Superior Rooms (3) - King or King Split - 2 Adults plus infant
Ensuite bathroom with shower, spa bath or fireplace, television and DVD player, iron and ironing board, bathrobes, hairdryer and cot if required.
Deluxe Room (5) - King or King Split - 3 Adults Maximum
Ensuite bathroom with shower, spa bath, television and DVD player, iron and ironing board, bathrobes, hairdryer and rollaway or cot if required. All rooms have electric heating.
Check-in Time: 2.00pm
Check-out Time: 11.00am
Features and Facilities at Quamby Estate
• Reception is open from 8am - 7pm or by prior arrangement
• Major credit cards are accepted
• Tour bookings
• Car parking available
• Library of books and DVD’s
• Free WiFi internet access
• Tennis court
• Private 9-hole golf course
Dining at Quamby Estate
Savour modern Australian dishes - such as rack of lamb with butternut pumpkin purée and rosemary butter, or Atlantic salmon with citrus juices and mash - in Quamby’s small, simple dining room, where dinner is held nightly. There's an intimate atmosphere with relaxed service and a focus on fresh local produce, including a tempting cheese selection.
Breakfast consists of a continental buffet and is served around a communal table in the kitchen, or venture out on the homestead’s sandstone verandah in summer. The staff at the Estate will be happy to recommend a variety of styles and locations for lunch and afternoon and morning teas while you are out touring.
Weddings at Quamby Estate
With its dramatic treelined driveway, grand historic homestead and seriously sweeping English garden-style grounds, Quamby Homestead is a classic wedding venue. Easily accessible from the city of Launceston, it has a lush country setting including a lovely golf course for post-wedding play-offs. Please contact the events coordinator for further details in regards to your wedding today.
Activities at Quamby Estate
Quamby Estate has a perfectly groomed challenging private 9-hole golf course complete with nine lakes, cascades, creeks and tricky bunkers available for use by guests. The clubhouse offers clubs and pull buggies for hire. N.B. beware the 8th hole (at 576 metres, the longest par 5 in Tassie). There is a tennis court adjacent to the homestead and tennis racquets are available free-of-charge for guests of the lodge. Both are a great way to meet other guests of the estate.
Nearby Attractions to Quamby Estate
• Explore the vineyards of the Tamar Valley Wine Route
• Uncover treasures in the art and crafts and antique shops of Deloraine, Westbury and Carrick
• Enjoy a walk through the cool, temperate rainforest of Liffey Falls State Reserve
• Ride the world’s longest single-span chairlift at Cataract Gorge in Launceston
• Learn the art of fly-fishing at Launceston Lakes and Wildlife Park
• Taste honey at the Tasmanian Honey Company in Perth
• Experience another example of Tasmania’s heritage and the National Rose Garden at Woolmers Estate in Longford
• Take a guided tour into King Solomon’s Cave deep in the limestone caves of Mole Creek Karst National Park
• Experience the new Holly Bank, Tree Top Adventures with up to 3 hours of flying foxes
• Join Mountain Bike Tasmania for a different perspective on the local terrain
Quamby Estate Location
1145 Westwood Road, Hagley - TAS
Getting to Quamby Estate
All major domestic airlines have daily flight arrivals into Launceston. Either hire a car for the duration of your stay to have the flexibility and freedom to come and go as you wish or take a taxi to Quamby Estate which will cost approx $75.