Makepeace Island, Noosa
Designed for privacy and sensitivity developed in keeping with its unique coastal habitat, the secluded Makepeace Island property was completed in 2009 on a heart shaped island in the expansive Noosa River and Sir Richard Branson has in 2011 agreed to make the island and its facilities available for others to enjoy the tranquillity of what is a very special place for him - his Australian home.
Sir Richard Branson’s Makepeace Island
Makepeace Island has been sensitively developed over a number of years. All of the buildings were designed and constructed in Bali. They were then dismantled and shipped to Australia to be reassembled on the island. The furnishings, sculptures, antiques and lighting are one off original pieces acquired throughout Bali, Java and elsewhere in Indonesia.
Makepeace casts her spell from your first step upon her dock. You will easily succumb to the serenity and charms of this little slice of ‘Bali’ heaven. Makepeace is privately and exclusively yours to explore. Its 25acres contain enough to keep the most active entertained however, its seclusion does not mean isolation. Noosa’s famous beaches, restaurants, surf school, and fishing grounds are a few minutes up-stream by boat.
The island is alive, the lush tropical surrounds fit well with the warm sunshine and cool coastal breezes. The garden and indoor décor include giant sculptures, teak, granite and stone finishes, volcanic boulder bathtubs, ornamental lighting and antiquities and furniture commissioned and acquired in Bali, Java and elsewhere in Indonesia dots the entire resort.
Makepeace Island Luxury Accommodation
Bali House - located close to the main house the Bali House comprises 4 large bedrooms each with private ensuite bathroom facilities and a private deck overlooking the gardens or the bushland. Two of the bedrooms contain queen size beds and the other two rooms comprise twin king singles which are suitable for singles or can be zipped for a couple. Air-conditioning and heating units are located in each bedroom. Maximum 8 guests
The Boat House - is a small, self contained free standing studio villa overlooking the river offering a queen size bed. Maximum 2 guests
Maximum number of guests accommodated at Makepeace Island is twenty-two (22). Makepeace Island boasts eleven (11) stylish bedrooms ideal for family get togethers, corporate retreats or special events.
Number of bedrooms with private ensuite bathrooms is eight (8) as the Bures have one bathroom for 2 bedrooms. Maximum number of guests that can be accommodated with their own private bathroom is sixteen (16) on a queen or twin share basis.
Facilities of Makepeace Island - Noosa
A two storey raised relaxation Wantilan including large day beds, relaxer lounge chairs, Javanese acquired antiques and a full size Billiards table
A media room complete with a video, DVD, terrestrial channel access, and free access to local DVD suppliers.
A synthetic grass, flood lit tennis court including all necessary equipment
Large free flowing lagoon style swimming pool
Spa pool built to accommodate 15 guests
3 x Hobie Cats (sailing boat) and a small fishing tinnie
An outdoor cinema for those balmy nights under the stars
Several small discretely located individual outdoor Bures for day use
Makepeace Island launch is included for the purpose of hosting a ‘Lake’ dinner and/or cocktail soiree once during your stay
An office with internet, computers (the main living areas are WIFI enabled) and other business facilities
Makepeace Island boats for guest transfers and staff assisted movements
River fishing equipment and bait.
Activities on Makepeace Island - Noosa
1. The Lagoon Pool - the centre piece of the property is the 500,000 litre lagoon pool, complete with lap lane, dive spots and a 15 person spa…
2. Island Bar - The long House is home to Makepeace’s beautiful “Island Bar”
3. Games Room - The Long House also includes a games room, complete with billiards table.
4. Peaceful Views - The large 2 Storey Wantilan overlooks the river on 3 sides
5. The Wantilan - is the perfect place during the day to relax in a day bed with a good book and long cool drink, while at night it is the hub for indoor entertaining
6. Hobie Cat - For something more energetic, take out one of the Hobie Cats for a river sailing experience.
7. Canoeing and Kayaking - paddle around the island in a canoe or twin kayak for a short adventure
8. Fishing - grab a rod and bait from the boat house and cast a line off the dock
9. Watersports - Try your hand at wake-boarding or calm water skiing
10. Tennis - Enjoy a game any time on the flood-lit all weather tennis courts and be sure to stock the pavilion fridge beforehand.
11. Enjoy dinner and cocktails in a secluded area of the river or lakes aboard our Launch - affectionately known as the aircraft carrier.
12. Outdoor Cinema- tonight pull up a rug or lounge comfortably under the breathtaking southern stars in your own Outdoor Cinema…complete with popcorn of course!
13. Enjoy an island stroll, the island is 25 acres in total and a walk to the far south of the island is both tranquil and rewarding and there are many species of bird life to be discovered along the way.
14. Spa Services - the team caters for on island therapeutic or remedial massage in the Boat House, your room or a discreet island location. For additional health services we will deliver you to one of our favourite health centres and return you to the island at your leisure
Of course if you want to fish ‘outside’ we can organise a charter which will pickup you up at the island dock at a time to suit you.
Championship Golf Courses - an abundance of year round quality courses are within easy reach - Noosa Springs and the Hyatt Coolum are closest.
Learn to Surf - Noosa has great beginner waves and we can arrange a private lesson
Rates Inclusions (both high and low season)
High Season - Minimum 7 night stay
Standard Season - Minimum 4 night stay
Booking Terms: Deposit: required within 7 days from booking date
Makepeace Island Location
Getting to Makepeace Island/Transfers
Transfers from either Maroochydore or Noosa airports are in either luxury executive coach or sedans to Noosa marina and return plus boat transfers to the island.
NOTE: Currently helicopter landings on the island are NOT possible.